Thursday, February 19, 2009

On indefinite leave

Regular visitors here have probably assumed by now that other things have been keeping me away from here, and that would be correct. For about a month now, my wife's health has not been good, and my concern for her has consumed an enormous amount of my time and energy and has even cut into time I need to do things I get paid for. So, I'll continue to be away from here for the foreseeable future.

This is unfortunate, given the times we live in. What with Wichita city council elections fast approaching and the just-passed stimulus package, there is much to think and write about at the local and national level regarding cycling and the related issues of energy, transportation, infrastructure and livable communities, all discussions which I would love to be contributing to. But I have linked to some useful places over in the right gutter that will be participating in those discussions, and I encourage you to explore them. I was just going to steal from them anyway . . .

I hope the decks will clear enough in a couple of months that I'll be able to be more regularly faithful to this blog's intent. Till then, I'll see you around.

5 comments:

The Jolly Crank said...

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's health, John. My best to you and yours.

TJC

l' homme au velo said...

I am very Sorry to hear about your Wife being Ill I do hope she gets better Soon. My Regards Jack P, Dublin Ireland.

Anonymous said...

I'm a short time visitor to your blog, but I wish your wife all of the best.

Sean

Yokota Fritz said...

Jon, all the best to you and your wife. I hope her recovery is swift.

Anonymous said...

John,
I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. Best wishes for you and your wife and family.
I look forward to your posts, whenever they may come. Great thing about owning your won blog is you can blog whenever you like.
Bobby